Sunday 8 February 2015

Getting to Our Destination



On the fourth of February, Dad and I set out on a flight to London. The flight was okay as flights go, but what's really important is the destination. Every destination has to start with a journey. It's a rather boring journey, though. I will say, however, that international flights are much nicer than regular flights.


We got to London around 6:00. We got some European adaptors that are much different than American adaptors. See images at the left of the screen.
We also went to an airport restaurant called Giraffe. I had some pretty decent pancakes. It was not as good as the title implied, but still good. 

I also got orange juice that was extremely pulpy and was a little bit too sour. The orange juice had a plastic green giraffe. Now I have a souvenir from the airport in London. It's very special to me. 

On the flight to Munbai, my tablet would not function so I mostly fiddle around with the in-flight  entertainment system. I watched the first episode of a show I'd wanted to watch called 'Fargo', so that was good. 

We landed in the Munbai airport and it was amazing! There were stone sculptures behind the glass and also a thingy made out of bottle caps. It was more like a museum than an airport.
We had already registered for our Visas, but we still hadn't gotten our actual Visa. We went over to counter 6 and dad had to get his fingers scanned. Unfortunately, dad had recently cut one of his fingers with scissors so the guy behind the counters had spend several minutes trying to figure out how to scan only three fingers.

Darshan, the one who's getting married, hired a driver to drive us from Munbai to Pune. I got some sleep on the car ride, which was good. I was very cold so I had my arms and legs scrunched up under my shirt. We got back around 5:00





No comments:

Post a Comment