Sunday 8 February 2015

First Day

"Why'd you have to wake me up so early?" I said when he pushed me. "Ephram, it's not early", Dad said. I looked at the clock and it said 12:??.

We went down to the spice kitchen downstairs and had some pretty good food. Darshan met us there later and we got in his car.

We went to a mall to shop for suits, but it didn't have any traditional suits. 

Finally, we found a place called Jaihind and got some good traditional Indian suits there. I got two. See images at the left of the screen.

We also stopped to get coconut water for me. They actually cut up the top of the coconut and stick a straw in it. It was really good. It didn't have very much juice in it, though.

We went to a restaurant that I forget the name of and I got fried idli, which is thing made of rice and a lassi, which is a really yummy drink. 

After we had all finished, Darshan left.

We walked out and got into an auto, which is a car without doors. The driver was fine and the auto was fine. The bad part is that India doesn't have lanes. you just shove your way through, basically. Pune is the seventh most populous city in India. That's not a good combination. When I got out, my back was sweating. That's partly the heat, partly the stress. 

We stayed at the hotel for the rest of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment